Thursday, March 11, 2010

40 Days Towards Discovering My Purpose--Day 4

While reading a chapter this morning from "The Purpose Driven Life" a song was playing on the radio that contained the lyrics "just accept what God allows, and don't question the rest". How many times have I questioned God daily about things in my life because I just cannot understand nor see what He has in store for me. I can hear God's voice speaking to me that if I flow with his plan for my life he will lead me to good things in a peaceful way.

The chapter goes on to say, "The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears" .... Mark Warren (The Purpose Driven Life) .... What an awesome statement! How true it is that an intimate relationship with God fulfills all the emptiness within one's soul. However, grasping such truth and actually living it seems to be my challenge. I read the words, and I hear the meaning in my mind but digesting and actively living this truth seems to escape me.

Point to Ponder: "There is more to life than just here and now."-God open my eyes that I may see the truth about my life and accept your plan for it.

Verse to Remember: "This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever." ... .1 John 2:17-Lord help me to live doing your will.

Question to Consider: "Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?-Lord help me to STOP asking WHY and get busy living my life more in accordance with your word. Help me to make my focus to live everyday as though it were my last before meeting you, oh King of Glory.

No comments: