Monday, March 8, 2010

40 Days Towards Discovering My Purpose--Day 2

Today is Monday, March 08, 2010 and I am writing this entry from an area we call “Jack’s Place” here on base at Al Udeid. I like the environment here at Jack’s. It is always quiet, allowing me to think my thoughts no matter what they might be. Today is the second day of my focus on my 40-day journey of discovering my life's purpose.

Chapter 2 of “The Purpose Driven Life” focuses on the fact that “I am not an accident” but that I was created specifically for God’s purpose. I like this, knowing that I was not an accident but that God has a purpose and plan for my life. Especially since most of my life I have struggled to accept my physical appearance with how I look. Most of my life I never really believed I was beautiful. Perhaps it was because of my wide nose and the gap in between my teeth, and most noticeably because during my school years, I was never considered pretty. I thank God for the life journey He has brought me through because in travelling it, I have come to realize that I am beautiful.

It has taken half of my life for me to finally realize that I am exquisitely and uniquely made according to God’s blueprint, and the most important thing is that He loves me unconditionally. What an awesome feeling to know that your creator loves you without any strings attached. To know that He really wants the very best plan for your life and that his intent is to show you how much he loves you. I am so glad God does not make mistakes and that he does not do anything accidently.

Lord I cannot wait to for you to show me the profound meaning of my life! I love you…Kemi

No comments: